About the Department
Mechanical Engineering activities at the Indian Institute of Science commenced prior to the Independence, in 1945, with the establishment of the Department of Internal Combustion Engineering. The Mechanical Engineering section of Power Engineering Department followed suit in 1951, and later became a full fledged Department. The Department of Internal Combustion Engineering merged with the Department of Mechanical Engineering in 1970. The classrooms, laboratories and offices of the department are located at the South-East end of the Campus in three buildings — the Power Engineering Building, the TPS Building and the New Mechanical Engineering Building.
Updates & Notices
Posted on October 21, 2016
Posted on August 1, 2016
Please find the student handbook for the year 2016-2017 here: https://db.tt/4I183LiS